Several different things... Jupiter 6, Moog sub 37, DSI Prophet 08 ...Nord lead 2x

• Members

Well, I have several subjects to cover..... :cop:

1. Battery went dead in the Jupiter 6. I replaced it but didn't have any patches saved. The crappy factory patches that I got off the internet wasn't even close to my originals.

Can you modify and then overwrite and save new and better factory presets (like you do for user patches)?

2. Are there any patch settings or flow schematics on the Prophet 08? It's as bad as doing a hard math problem. I'm still confused by that thing and not getting the most out of it that I think I should.

3. Looking for a high res pic of a Roland Jupiter 8 or really any vintage synth for a nice wall paper.

4. Does anyone like the Nord lead 2x? I accidently bought one. :cry:

5. I have a Moog sub 37 on the way .... I think it's going to be an instant classic! Anyone here have one and have any feedback on it? :whisper:

Thanks. :cool3:

• Members

Alrighty then!!!

Well, I guess I'll just talk to myself then.

Hey! Wasn't that cool finding an original Roland Jupiter 6 manual on line and printing it out! ?? :eek2: Wow! That answered a lot of questions!! :staticphil:

As far as the DSI .... I think I'm finally figuring this thing out. I have a system to tweek things now and it seems to work pretty well! I'm getting some killer patches put together! Now I need to figure out how to save them so when the battery dies, I don't lose all that work!

Thank you for reading this far. :cry:

• Members

Well, I have several subjects to cover..... :cop:

[CAN'T ANSWER]

4. Does anyone like the Nord lead 2x? I accidently bought one. :cry:

Thanks. :cool3:

Yes. I actually like the Nord Lead 2x. I'll take it off your hands Tweed, if you don't want it. I actually like it. I truly like it. And I sincerely enjoyed the limited time I played with it.

I liked it. It was a worthwhile thing --- playing that synth for that time I played it. I liked it. I enjoyed it. I came away thinking, "I actually liked that Nord Lead 2x". That was what I thought. I guess I liked it, dog gone it.

• Members

Yes. I actually like the Nord Lead 2x. I'll take it off your hands Tweed, if you don't want it. I actually like it. I truly like it. And I sincerely enjoyed the limited time I played with it.

I liked it. It was a worthwhile thing --- playing that synth for that time I played it. I liked it. I enjoyed it. I came away thinking, "I actually liked that Nord Lead 2x". That was what I thought. I guess I liked it, dog gone it.

Well, how did you like it? :confused2:

• Members

Well, how did you like it? :confused2:

How did I like it? First of all, I liked the set-up. The knobs were on the left.

The keys were on the right. So I could twiddle and caress the knobs with my

left finger-tips and play the keys with my right hand. I was able to play both the

white and a few of the black keys while I was trying it out. I enjoyed playing both colors.

When I was twiddling and caressing the knobs with the fingers of my left hand,

I imagined a woman, a blonde, Nordic woman, with one of those Viking

helmets...with horns.

She was a large woman too.

attachment.php?attachmentid=99694&d=1347541050

I twiddled and caressed her knobs and and pressed down gently on the keys,

I could hear her sigh and moan. Sometimes, she would scream and roar.

I was standing in a Guitar Center keyboard room. And others were loitering around.

So I could not get as intimate with the instrument as I might have liked. But I distinctly

remember thinking as I left,

"I actually like that NORD Lead 2,"

It was an enjoyable time we spent together. It could have gone further.

But we needed more privacy.

• Members

How did I like it? First of all, I liked the set-up. The knobs were on the left.

The keys were on the right. So I could twiddle and caress the knobs with my

left finger-tips and play the keys with my right hand. I was able to play both the

white and a few of the black keys while I was trying it out. I enjoyed playing both colors.

When I was twiddling and caressing the knobs with the fingers of my left hand,

I imagined a woman, a blonde, Nordic woman, with one of those Viking

helmets...with horns.

She was a large woman too.

attachment.php?attachmentid=99694&d=1347541050

I twiddled and caressed her knobs and and pressed down gently on the keys,

I could hear her sigh and moan. Sometimes, she would scream and roar.

I was standing in a Guitar Center keyboard room. And others were loitering around.

So I could not get as intimate with the instrument as I might have liked. But I distinctly

remember thinking as I left,

"I actually like that NORD Lead 2,"

It was an enjoyable time we spent together. It could have gone further.

But we needed more privacy.

SchWingg !!! :eek2:

I can't WAIT until mine shows up! ! !!11111! :idea:

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Try asking these folks: http://www.audiorehab.net/services.html

They replaced a hard wired eprom for me last year (sounds were skipping and of course, a 20 something battery was going) so they must have an original cassette with the digital data on it. I didn't take mine in with the rig.

I once ordered an upgrade cassette, which turned out to be a mislabeled original sound set but would need to rummage and see if I still have both.

LMK,

Rob Manning

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members
Try asking these folks: http://www.audiorehab.net/services.html

They replaced a hard wired eprom for me last year (sounds were skipping and of course, a 20 something battery was going) so they must have an original cassette with the digital data on it. I didn't take mine in with the rig.

I once ordered an upgrade cassette, which turned out to be a mislabeled original sound set but would need to rummage and see if I still have both.

LMK,

Rob Manning

That would be great if you did. I found a few things online, but haven't tried them yet.

I think I have something wrong with mine. I can't get it to sound quite as good as it used to before the battery died. In Poly 1 mode, one key doesn't play ... it's like every 6th key or something. The weird thing is though, I can play one key at a time and hear each oscillator kick in, so I have 6 total. I may look up that link and see what I can find out. Thanks!

Archived