building a SLP 1959 100 watt copy

willpshack

• Members

So, I have decided to build one of my favorite amps ever, the Marshall SLP 1959 100 watt. I have found many schematics online, but I would feel better if I could get some more advice on parts and schematics. I haven't found a schematc that had a parts list or anything of that nature yet, does anyone know where I could find a good, reliable, schematic that is preferably with american standard symbols rather than british. Any help would be much apreciated.

• Members

I'm not sure about the parts list, but your transformers and chassis are going to be the most expensive part of the amp. Don't skimp on trannies - Heyboer is a good decision, as is Mercury (albiet a bit more expensive).

You can get most of the parts either from Metro or Mojo Musical Supply. As far as a parts list, I don't know of one, but you could go through the schematic and do a parts count. Schematic Heaven will have the appropriate schematic (www.schematicheaven.com) or Dr. Tube (do a Google for Dr. Tube and it's the first that comes up).