No announcement yet.

scarlett cm25 mic

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• scarlett cm25 mic

can ayone tell me anything about this mic that comes with a rather cheap interface micphones and lead bundle? thx

It's apparently part of a bundle Focusrite offers. I've never tried / heard one, so I can't comment about the sound. It looks similar to some of the microphones that MXL (and others) sell that are made in China.

Focusrite Scarlett bundle

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/pro-audio/focusrite-scarlett-studio

http://us.focusrite.com/usb-audio-interfaces/scarlett-studio

According to those two websites, it's apparently a large diaphragm condenser mic, but there's not much more information about it beyond that.

On a side note, that's kind of a cool little bundle - interface, mic, cable, cans (headphones) and DAW software (Cubase LE 6) - pretty much everything that someone would need (except the computer) to get started with recording. I'm surprised more companies don't offer similar packages.

Attached Files

"Look at it this way: think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that."

- George Carlin

"It shouldn't be expected that people are necessarily doing what they appear to be doing on records."

- Sir George Martin, All You Need Is Ears

"The music business will be revitalized by musicians, not the labels or Live Nation. When the musicians decide to put music first, instead of money, the public will flock to the fruits and the scene will be healthy again."

- Bob Lefsetz, The Lefsetz Letter

Comment

• woodeo
      woodeo commented
      Editing a comment

I'm using a Focusrite Saffire 6 USB. Similar experience--it's simple, it works, it sounds very good. The fancy stuff, I do in the computer.

Comment

Working...
    X