Help Wanted for NAMM

Jeff da Weasel

• Members

Hi Folks,

An audio industry magazine needs someone to stand around at NAMM and mind their small booth. If you live in the LA area and are interested, here's the deal:

- Pays $10/hour.

- Lunch paid.

- You get a NAMM badge (duh).

- Must be available all day (10:00 - 6:00) at the Anaheim Convention Center Thursday 1/18, Friday 1/19, Saturday 1/20, and Sunday 1/21.

- No specific magazine knowledge required... just a friendly and cheerful demeanor (and ability to hand out swag, take messages, and sign people up for subscriptions if they want).

If you're going to ask for compensation for airfare, hotel, or anything like that, don't bother... it's not that kind of gig. But if you want to get into NAMM, have a little while to peruse the show each day, and make a little money, let me know immediately (before the end of this week, anyway).

- Jeff

• Members

Originally posted by Anderton

Does this mean I'm being replaced at EQ?!? I'm always the last to know...

If that happens, let me know. You'd make a very attractive booth babe. :D

By the way, this is an equal opportunity opportunity. Your degree of maleness, lack of outer beauty, or ability to play a Dorian scale will have no effect on your chances of getting the gig.

- Jeff

• Members

Originally posted by Anderton

But seriously...worth noting that Hall E opens earlier than the rest of the show, so anyone going for that gig can have at least a couple hours total of unadulterated show time. And Hall E always has some interesting weird stuff
:)

True, and I hadn't thought of that. Good point.

Also (to be clear): the folks said that they're fine with the person taking a short while to cruise around the show, being relieved of booth duty for an hour or so each day to get some play time in. :thu:

Just respond here if you're interested, or email me if you're too shy to post ( "jeff at klopmeyer dot com" is a fine way to reach me).

- Jeff

• CMS Author

Originally posted by Jeff da Weasel

I'll bump this once, but I'm honestly surpised that despite the amount of people that hit me up for a NAMM badge every year, no one wants to work the show to get a badge legitimately. Hmmm.

WORK?????!!!!! (in best Maynard G. Krebs voice)

People who work at booths don't get to hear about many parties.

• Members

Hey Jeff

Well I could help you out buuuutttt...

Let's see I'm up in Canada, the wife's been hounding me to take a trip, umm ya 4 kids, dinner for the weekend, flights, oh ya I still haven't got the passports, being in the union I'd have to be paid at least 3x's that, maybe a rental car to lug all the free promo material I'd end up with.....

Let me know if I can help...

:p

Later

Bri

• CMS Author
Originally posted by UstadKhanAli

Mike, you were talkin' about me too, right? Yeah, I'd be the one with the guitar.

You didn't have a guitar in that photo on Manley's web site. Now how could I read your badge without looking too suspicious? I was going to post a link to that photo, but the JPG file seems to be missing. How'd you do that? Mine still works.

Archived