Steinberg CC21 control surface?

Jotown

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

With Stienberg's history of unsupported hardware, use at your own risk.

:rolleyes::cool:

I didn't know about their history of unsupported hardware. They can't be any worse than digidesign though.

Thanks for the warning.

I would still like to hear from Craig on this thing, but he seems busy on other things these days.

• Members

Thanks Craig. I have been looking at the PreSonus FaderPort and the Frontier Design AlphaTrack. The CC 121 has the knob that looks useful.

I don't use the Cubase EQ's much so I don't know if I need that. But a point and click knob seems very useful. Have you tried either of those units?

Thanks in advance.

• Members

Thanks Craig. I have been looking at the PreSonus FaderPort and the Frontier Design AlphaTrack. The CC 121 has the knob that looks useful.

I don't use the Cubase EQ's much so I don't know if I need that. But a point and click knob seems very useful. Have you tried either of those units?

Thanks in advance.

There's some info here http://www.cubase.net/phpbb2/viewforum.php?f=32 Personally I have an Alphatrack and like it and at this point and time I don't see anything that enticing about the CC 121 especially given the price and Stienbergs history of hardware support. Like you I rarely use the Cubase eq. Although I will say it looks like Yamaha/Steinberg hit a grand slam with the Yamaha N12

• Members

Thanks in advance.

I haven't tried the Steinberg units. I did articles on the FaderPort and AlphaTrack in EQ, and while they seem superficially similar, there are quite a few differences. The FaderPort is more like a recorder remote with some control surface functions, while the AlphaTrack is more like a mini-control surface with transport functions built-in. I find the FaderPort easier to use and very useful, but the AlphaTrack offers more functions and can do more if you're willing to learn it.

BUT for me, every control surface out there right now is trumped by the Cakewalk/Roland V-Studio because I use Sonar so much. It's really something to have a control surface that controls so many functions, and is so tightly integrated with Sonar.

Archived