Feed Back Destroyer

MoreGuitars

• CMS Author

The expensive ones sort of work, sometimes. It mostly depends on what else besides feedback is going through it. They're really better with speech, like a podium mic or conference table, than they are for music. Sometimes they think notes are feedback, and sometimes they filter out too many notes.

• Members

Sometimes they think notes are feedback, and sometimes they filter out too many notes.

Or hone onto a particular frequency and notch it, leaving you with mud or combed filter effects.

Is there another way you can fix the feedback issue? Why are you getting that much feedback in your wedges, anyway?

• CMS Author

at
the wedges?
;)

Parts of it, for sure. I know of no combination of microphone and speaker polar patterns that are exactly opposite. On folky stages, we run run right on the hairy edge of feedback all the time because those singers don't get any closer than about 10 inches from the mic. If you get half an inch from the mic, you can pretty much forget about feedback.

• Members

We use a dbx 224. I run one side for the floor wedges, the other for a spot monitor one of the singers uses. Since I run sound from the stage, and have more than I can handle just playing, not having to worry about feedback anymore is just great. It notches out what needs to be notched out and pretty quickly.

• Members

I've seen them work pretty good if you arm them during soundcheck, then turn them off. If you leave them armed, they'll eventually kill all the sound coming through.

That's how mine is. I got in the habit of turning it off during breaks so it could reset.

Archived