Can Anyone Here Help Me?

• Members

The requirements are fairly simple.

1. You have a Jupiter 80 and the ability to use it.

2. You are a STAR WARS fan.

3. You like to spend some free time figuring out STAR WARS music because you are a fan and you're quite good at it too!

I would appreciate it if someone with a Jupiter-80 could re-do THE IMPERIAL MOTIF for me , track by track instead of using the "live sets" or whatever.

The IMPERIAL MOTIF example is here:

http://soundcloud.com/skyy38/imperial-motif

I just want to hear if the Supernatural Sounds on the Jupe can rise to the occasion.

As usual, Roland is all about the "hip" stuff and I cannot find a decent example ANYWHERE of a good orchestral piece performed on the Jupiter-80.

This would be really cool if someone could punch this out in their spare time.

Thanks!

• Members

Hahahahahahahahaha.

Someone here his going to have to be over the top nice to do that amount of work for a total stranger on the web! While they're at it, why not come over and paint your house to see if the Behr Paint is up to the task. They could "punch it out" in their spare time.

Sheesh.

Steve

• Members

Actually there are a lot of over the top nice people who hang out here, so you never know. There's a guy who's been posting over in the Casio XW-P1 pro review thread, and wanted an INS file for Sonar to he wouldn't have to keep entering patch names and such. Casio's Mike Martin came up with one but it needed some tweaks, so I taught myself how INS files work and did the fixes. I learned a lot, and got a good topic for my next Sonar column. It definitely took some time, but I'm glad I did it.

A lot of times helping someone out ended up benefiting me more than them :)

• Members

I've had people from this forum do a LOT of kind things for me over the years, all the way from helping my friend in Kashmir keep his house, de-noising an album for me, technical support, advice, helping me design a website, and a bunch of other things that I can't remember this early in the morning. :D Because of this forum, we've played on each other's albums and done recordings for each other and made friends and bought each other dinner or drinks. Steve here has invited us to his holiday parties (and we really need to have him over for dinner some time since we never seem to throw parties at our house anymore!). So while the request is rather specific, it's definitely within the realm of possibility.

• Members

The requirements are fairly simple.

1. You have a Jupiter 80 and the ability to use it.

2. You are a STAR WARS fan.

3. You like to spend some free time figuring out STAR WARS music because you are a fan and you're quite good at it too!

I would appreciate it if someone with a Jupiter-80 could re-do THE IMPERIAL MOTIF for me , track by track instead of using the "live sets" or whatever.

The IMPERIAL MOTIF example is here:

I just want to hear if the Supernatural Sounds on the Jupe can rise to the occasion.

As usual, Roland is all about the "hip" stuff and I cannot find a decent example ANYWHERE of a good orchestral piece performed on the Jupiter-80.

This would be really cool if someone could punch this out in their spare time.

Thanks!

I'm sure there are midi files out on the web that would have the music performance itself; all you have to do is find them and correctly remap the midi channels in each file to use Jupiter-80 patches (assuming the JP80 is multitimbral & polyphonic).

I would think it might be saner to do orchestral work with a soft synth and a collection of orchestra samples.

Archived