PIC PROGRAMMING ANYONE?

• Members

I bought a new PIC programmer a few days ago. I'm planning on designing a new synth chip with it. The chip I'm looking at only has 10 channels of 10 bit AD but that is plenty for the types of waves that I will be using and of course I can stack them to create the illusion of more bits.

Anyone else brave enough to venture into this ????

Dan

• Members

I'm in the same place with this as I was in 40 years ago, before I bought my first computer. Back than I asked, "Will I ever be able to program a computer?" Now 40 years later, I'm taking a step out and asking "Will I be able to program this thing ?" I've burned eproms before but this is a whole new thing.

I'm estimating at least a year to get the chip going and at least another year to put it into a PCI or USB interface with some useful software, but it could easily be double that.

Anyway, it is surprising how much FREE stuff they want to give you to develop these things...software....but software that only works while you are online ? I have 2 chip "samples" coming in a few weeks.

Dan

• Members

you may also want to explore the AVR system, essentially PIC's competition.

It probably won't take you too long, especially if you immerse yourself in the development community.

The electronicsw magainzes also tend to feature quite a bit of microcontroller projects these days which could be helpful learning fodder

Archived