Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Air You Breathe

Sorry - haven't been around much.  I've been catching up on Walking Dead.  :manindifferent:

I was going for a vibe/mood/atmosphere with this one...  

Air to Breathe (latest version)

Break down your walls for me

I'll pay for the air you breathe

Pardon me while I enjoy your atmosphere

And now I'm blinded by the warmth of happy tears

Break down your walls for me

I'll pay for the air you breathe

Love the Strawberry Fields flutes and mellotronish strings.....and all the other Beatleisms....

I'm not sure the little bell tones work - maybe just fewer notes and brought forward they would work...as is they are kind of lost in the shoegaze haze....it's a fine line between sweet and too sweet - you'll have to make that call.  Feels close to that line at least to me with the little bells.  A chimey Rickenbacker electric picking a few high notes might be a good substitute for the bells.

When I saw the title "Air You Breathe" my brain immediately brought up a link to the Bee Gees "all I need is the air that I breathe and to love you".  I would change the title just to avoid that little referential detour.  

A high organ part, pipe-organish, might sound good floating way up there above the beautiful fog of dreamy sound...

Very nice - I can listen to this kind of material all day.

nat whilk ii

Comment

• Oswlek
      Oswlek commented
      Editing a comment

I have nothing to offer except to say I enjoyed the hell out of it.

• LCK
      LCK commented
      Editing a comment

nat whilk II wrote:

When I saw the title "Air You Breathe" my brain immediately brought up a link to the Bee Gees "all I need is the air that I breathe and to love you".  

nat whilk ii

The Hollies.

Thanks everyone. On my mobile, so I can't properly quote.

Nat - I'm not done on this one yet, so replacing the bells is a possibility if I can find the right sound.

Martin - those strings ARE mellotron. I wasn't overly satisfied with them either. I really wanted that Rain Song sound. Not real strings. I don't work with midi (too dense to figure out how to get it going). I'll see what other sounds I have available.

Stick - yes, reverb... will give it a try.

Comment

Sent the track to my drummer last night. Will be tracking real drums next month.

Comment

• Lee Knight
      Lee Knight commented
      Editing a comment

bee3 wrote:
      Sent the track to my drummer last night. Will be tracking real drums next month.

nice... I love real drums

^ha. Wasn't born yet.

Comment

Martin. Sure thing! How do you want me to do it? A WAV of everything but drums? The midi file? You want everything? Let me know.

Comment

Everything but drums, yeah. Just make sure the audio file starts on a measure and I know the tempo.

Do you want me to execute your parts or do I have license? If the former, you can send me the MIDI sure

Just use DB

Comment

• bee3
          bee3 commented
          Editing a comment

mbfrancis wrote:
          Everything but drums, yeah. Just make sure the audio file starts on a measure and I know the tempo.

Do you want me to execute your parts or do I have license? If the former, you can send me the MIDI sure

Just use DB

You have full license.  WAV file coming your way in 2 minutes.

Yeah... Haha. It's misleading. Explained in the note.

Comment

Working...
        X