Drum Line Performs on CMA awards with Little Big Town and Ariana Grande

Dendy Jarrett

• Members

[video=youtube;QSw8bQkPt7M]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QSw8bQkPt7M#t=253

Check out this cool performance from Wednesday night’s annual Country Music Awards! A 20-person drum line literally lit up of the stage as backup to a joint performance with 2014 CMA Vocal Group of the Year Little Big Town and pop star Ariana Grande.

The drummers were organized by Nashville-based percussion ensemble Music City Mystique and also included members from Palmetto Percussion (Central, S.C.), Father Ryan High School (Nashville) and Middle Tennessee State University (Murfreesboro).

• Members

Hmmm saw little big town in concert at WE fest. I actually met them briefly as my wife and I used to short cut through the tour bus parking with my wheelchair. During their performance they did a medley if you will of bluegrass based music, the drummer actually had just a snare drum and was standing. Later on in the performance he laid on his back and played the underside of the snare with brushes, interesting performance. I wonder if his influences or little big town influence is from the drum line or drum corp? Thanks for sharing.

Archived