Sepultura tonight!

vladoicho

• Members

Igor left too and they are carrying on as Sepultura? WTF?? So it's like one original member now?
:facepalm:

I stopped caring after Max left and I bought the next album and hated it. A shame too, they were gods to me at one point.

2 guys left...Andreas and Paulo. I've got a pick that Paulo gave me. But I don;t understand how they can go on calling themselves Sepultura either. It's like Guns N' Roses...

I really don't like their new singer (I guess he's not really new any more...but you get the point). I was them a few years back...it was a good show, but just not the same without Max. Soulfly was pretty good live as well...I've seen them a few times.

• Members

2 guys left...Andreas and Paulo. I've got a pick that Paulo gave me. But I don;t understand how they can go on calling themselves Sepultura either. It's like Guns N' Roses...

I really don't like their new singer (I guess he's not really new any more...but you get the point). I was them a few years back...it was a good show, but just not the same without Max. Soulfly was pretty good live as well...I've seen them a few times.

Wait.... Igor, Andreas AND Paulo left? Derrick is running the band on his own now? Holy {censored} that's just so wrong on so many levels. That's like Gary Cherone carrying on the Van Halen torch after VH III. :facepalm:

• Members

no, no, Andreas and Paulo are still there
:)
not that it changes things much...

Oh, ok. So my original point holds... Andreas isn't technically an original member either (though he really should be considered one, he was there when they rose to fame). And no, Sepultura died when Max left. They should have carried on under a new name.

• Members

Oh, ok. So my original point holds... Andreas isn't technically an original member either (though he really should be considered one, he was there when they rose to fame). And no, Sepultura died when Max left. They should have carried on under a new name.

Yeah...sorry about that one.

Andreas should certainly be considered an original member. He's been there too long...and the Sepultura that I know and love wouldn't be the same without him.

I always thought it was {censored}ed how Max left and they kept going. They sounded completely different after he left...he was the lifeblood of that band!

• Members

I always thought it was {censored}ed how Max left and they kept going. They sounded completely different after he left...he was the lifeblood of that band!

He was THE BAND, and still is really... Not only does Soulfly sound like the continuation of "Roots", but around half of their set usually is Sepultura tracks, he just changed his nom de plume...

all that said... m/:mad:m/ :)

• Members

He was THE BAND, and still is really... Not only does Soulfly sound like the continuation of "Roots", but around half of their set usually is Sepultura tracks, he just changed his nom de plume...

all that said... m/:mad:m/
:)

I've seen Soulfly a bunch of times and I don't think I ever seen them play a Sepultura song. Maybe Refuse/Resist or something...maybe...but certainly not half of their set.

If thats true, I missed out.

• Members

I've seen Soulfly a bunch of times and I don't think I ever seen them play a Sepultura song. Maybe Refuse/Resist or something...maybe...but certainly not half of their set.

If thats true, I missed out.

Hmmm.... well I've only seen them once, to be honest, and it was pretty much like I said... Friends who went to the 2 other shows here told me it was the same... Maybe they expect more people in the USA to know them as Soulfly, and not the "new Sepultura", and respectively to know more Soulfly songs than Sepultura? :idk:... don't know, really...

• Members

That ^^^

Be afraid, be very, very afraid. There is dozens of those vids online. A few from major European fests are down right scary. Thousands of people doing it all at once, with full force and gusto.
:eek:

They definitely have a knack for getting the crowd into it. :)

Archived