Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where are all the rack mounted tuners?

The only one in production avasilable in the US at reasonable cost sems to be a Behringer model. There is one tuner brand out there called White Horse, but it's not available in the US. What the heck happened......Korg, Fender and a whole bunch more made them until last year.
    Dennis Hopper's retirement plan, except Dennis is dead
    Retired and likin' it a lot!
    Regards. Rimmer

Most people want lightweight and small these days, two things that racks aren't all that good at.
    <div class="signaturecontainer"><b>Modulus Mob #2</b><br />
    <br />
    <font size="1">GK 2001 RB : Ampeg SVP-Pro : Ampeg SVP-CL : Crest CA4 : GB STL 900 : Mesa Walkabout<br />
    Bag End S15D : Bag End S15XD : Aguilar GS112 (2)<br />
    G&amp;L ASAT : Sadowsky NYC PJ5 : Modulus Q5 : EBMM SR4 : Warwick Thumb 5 BO : Yamaha ATT-LTD II</font><br />
    <br />
    <font size="1">bassgirl9's Wah ha ha! best post of the day award. 2/12/08</font></div>

Comment

Most people want lightweight and small these days, two things that racks aren't all that good at.

They're only three pounds and fit nice in a rack. With my 5.8 lb. amp and a couple other lightweight things it would make a good addition. I'll have to get the Behringer.
      Regards. Rimmer

Comment

I got a 4-space rack,put a 700RB in it,and went to try and buy a rackmount tuner.After right at a year I am still using the little Sabine that sets on top.Really want one like I used to have,but I honestly never dreamed they would stop making them.

Comment

They're only three pounds and fit nice in a rack. With my 5.8 lb. amp and a couple other lightweight things it would make a good addition. I'll have to get the Behringer.

IMO, a better alternative is a used Korg DTR-1000 off of GC's used gear pages...

- georgestrings

Comment

my rack mounted tuner is right here...lol

this Korg DTR1000 is over 10 years old and still works like the day I got it

Comment

I use the Korg DT-7 and have it velcro'd to a rack shelf. Less than 1/2 a rack space wide. Lets me then mount my XDS-PLUS wireless receiver next to it on the same rack shelf. Custom!

<div class="signaturecontainer"><font size="2"><b>&quot;Understanding that sentence meant he wasn't much of a chess player.&quot;</b></font><b> - <i>Abzurd</i><br />
              <br />
              <a href="http://acapella.harmony-central.com/showthread.php?t=2377395" target="_blank"> Winner of MYSTIC FX'S Most Metal Face, Early '09 Award</a></b><br />
              <br />
              <font size="1">Eden WT550B, D212XLT-4 times two, D210XLT, SKB US Roto Rack 4U, USA-made X2 XDS-Plus, Korg DT-7 tuner, Tobias Killer B5, Ibanez Prestige SR1005EFM, world-famous custom rack mounted CUP HOLDER! For my <b>BEER!</b></font></div>

Comment

It's funny to see how much the interest in racks just plummeted over the last ten years....

Comment

People finally realized that it wasn't an interesting solution unless you tour stadiums.
                  <div class="signaturecontainer"><font size="2"><b>1/3 solid knowledge, 1/3 common sense, 1/3 made-up bull****************</b><br />
                  <a href="http://www.ebassist.com" target="_blank">Wanna try a different pace ?</a> <a href="http://forum.onlybass.com/" target="_blank">Parlez-vous français ?</a></font> <font size="1"><br />
                  <font size="1"><i><font size="1"><font color="Purple"><i><br />
                  <a href="http://jazzad.perso.neuf.fr/Manuals" target="_blank">Korg and Akai manuals</a></i></font></font></i></font></font></div>

Comment

People finally realized that it wasn't an interesting solution unless you tour stadiums.

Guess I've gone the other way. I have an ABS plastic/aluminum shell Pulse brand rack, a 5.8 lb. amp, a 5 lb. power conditioner, 3 lb. tuner ordered and a 3 lb. fan. Altogether it weighs 36 lbs. with all the cords neatly out of the way. Really, all I have to do is plug in the power cord for the power conditioner and hook up a 1.5 ft. speaker cord. Everything carries easily and is protected at the same time.
                    Regards. Rimmer

Comment

IMO, a better alternative is a used Korg DTR-1000 off of GC's used gear pages...

- georgestrings

I was considering used, but I haven't really had much luck with anything I've purchased used.
                      Regards. Rimmer

Comment

True, I started thinking about weight issues after my last post..... I remember that a lot of the people on this forum ten years ago were using something like a Sansamp RBI with a 20+ pound 2000watt Crown amp, with a power conditioner, wireless, Line6 or similar fx unit, and lot of other stuff added in, and wondering what all that weighed. It'd be much easier to put together a lightweight rack system these days, but it seems like not many people are doing it.

I don't see ANYONE around here using rack effects units anymore-- it's either a stompboxpalooza or nothing.

Comment

Meh, to each their own - I don't play stadiums, but play fairly large clubs for the most part... For me, it's all about convenience - I can roll my cab in, set my rack on top of it, plug in one pwoer cable and a speaker cable, stick a wireless transmitter in my back pocket - and be up and running... I suppose if I used a pedalboard, I'd use a different approach - but I don't, and really like not having anything but my cab on the floor:

Comment

Guess I've gone the other way. I have an ABS plastic/aluminum shell Pulse brand rack, a 5.8 lb. amp, a 5 lb. power conditioner, 3 lb. tuner ordered and a 3 lb. fan. Altogether it weighs 36 lbs. with all the cords neatly out of the way. Really, all I have to do is plug in the power cord for the power conditioner and hook up a 1.5 ft. speaker cord. Everything carries easily and is protected at the same time.

Yup - although my M-pulse 600 isn't nearly as light as your amp, my whole rack still weighs under 50lbs, which is very easy for me to manage - and includes amp, tuner, wireless receiver, surge strip, and spare instrument and speaker cables... I've been gigging a LONG time, and this is the most convenient setup I've ever used - I don't see myself changing that any time soon...

- georgestrings

Comment

I was considering used, but I haven't really had much luck with anything I've purchased used.

I bought my DRT-2000, Pitchblack, and Pandora PXB4 all used, and haven't had any problems with any of them... IME, the Korg stuff is pretty durable and reliable - if it works when you get it, it will continue to do so for a long time - if it doesn't, return it for a refund... Even though I don't need it, I'm thinking of buying another DTR-2000 or 1000 to have as a "spare", since they're getting harder to find... I was thinking of putting it in an SKB 3U shallow rack with my 700rb-II and velcro'ing my "spare" XDS-PLUS in the back for a 2nd plug and play gigging rack...

- georgestrings

Comment

Working...
                              X