X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Acoustic bass strings Q

Hey y'all,
    I don't want the bright tone most acoustic bass strings have. I'm looking for more warmth less attack and brightness. Most everything I've tried isn't warm enough. What would you suggest?
    Local musicians united Facebook group
    82+ members and growing!

Thomastik-Infelds, but they are not cheap.

Comment

If I remember correctly, there used to be a cloth/felt wound string, that ring a bell with anybody? You got nothing but bass from those, but that was a long time ago.
      82+ members and growing!

Comment

La Bella tape wounds. Carvin site should have them reasonably priced.

Comment

ahhh thank ya!
          82+ members and growing!

Comment

****************e...somebody put a set of DR Black Beauties on my Club unit. They were on the bass when I bought it and I really like the idea of coated strings on an acoustic.  Sure wish they would make some coated strings exclusivrely for acoustic basses. It kind of has a fretless feel and sound but it's not really loud enough when I want to amplify the instrument.  I like them...they are bright and I really like the idea of a coated string for protection from corrosive persperation, salts and oils.  I think I will put a set of them on the Ric the next time the set needs to be changed.

Comment

• isaac42
              isaac42 commented
              Editing a comment
              I have Fender tape-wounds on one of my Rics. It's a good sound, but it's definitely not a Chris Squire sound. More of a Paul McCartney sound.

Working...
          X