Adam-KpyLW

Electro-Harmonix Classics USA Big Muff PI Distortion / Sustainer Guitar Effects Pedal

I play a MIM P-Bass Special with Seymour Duncan Quarter Pounders in both the bridge and neck. I have run the bass through an Ampeg BA 115 and Hartke HA 1200. Plainly, it sounds great. I had been looking for a more aggressive distortion than my Ashdown bass overdrive, and the Big Muff does the job. What I really enjoy is that it doesn't totally lose the low end when I kick it on. I mean, it gets really fuzzy and doesn't stand out in the mix all that well, but I still feel like I retain some bass presence. I tend to use this pedal in a band with only one electric guitar, so it's nice to be able to add a little grind of my own when he's not chunking on power chords. I feel like I can get a good range of sounds by messing with the tone and sustain knobs, so I have no complaints about versatility.

I just got it so I don't know, but it seems really well built and I have done well with my other EH stuff in the past.

General Comments

I really love this pedal.