Paszema

Vox Valvetronix AD50VT 50w 1x12 Guitar Combo Amp

I got this amp a couple of days before gigging with my new band because my usual all-valve amp decided to go faulty on me again. I had two days to play with the sounds to get a good, sweet clean sound which I needed to play acoustic type sounds and some clean slide, and a good crunchy overdriven sound which I could then use FX on to get more extreme distortion. I found the sounds in a couple of hours and only had to tweak the EQ a little at the gig to perfect them. Clean was so... well, clean and clear, a bit of reverb made it sound so sweet with the slide. This was using the Boutique Clean model. Overdrive sound was the Vox AC30 type model. It worked really well and with a touch of delay and chorus, cut through the mix really well for solos. I can imagine that the more extreme amp models would be quite noisy and would possibly push the speaker a bit too far. SO if you are after a Metal amp don't buy this one. If you are playing blues, pop, rock I would recommend this amp.

Only had it for a week but OK so far. I would and have already used it for a gig without a backup.

General Comments

I've been playing for 27 years and have had lots of amps. Fender, Marshall, Laney valve amps and Line 6 modeling amps. I'd rate the Vox AD50VT very highly as a good amp for someone playing small to medium sized bars and clubs. To be able to program two totally different channels with different FX is an excellent thing to have. It's a shame the footswitch doesn't have a Tap button on it though, but I guess that would increase the price. As it is the price is excellent for an amp that is a great tool for a gigging musician.