Sound is excellent, especially the bass and middle strings. The sound from the treble strings is not quite as sweet and bright as I'd like, but overall the sound is very well balanced from E to E. It came with Elixer lights and I am not a big fan of these strings, but others are. I found that light strings sound the best when in standard E tuning. I like to play tuned down a full tone (D,G,C,F,A,D), because this suits my voice better. In this tuning medium gauge strings make a huge difference, but the truss rod needs to be tweaked a bit. Great sound if you like to play folk and blues, fingerpicking or flatpicking.

It seems quite durable, although I am still at the stage where I am "babying" it. I live in Canada where the winters are cold and dry, so humidifing, etc is quite important.

General Comments

I have been playing for 30 years and own a Martin acoustic/electric and a cheap Yamaha. I really treasure the Larrivee. I have played more guitar since I bought it a few months ago than I had played in the past 10 years. It has given me new inspiration. I love the mid strings on this guitar...they really feel alive. I would prefer a sweeter sound on the treble strings, but this may be the mahagony and the youth of the instrument.