Bob-R-Gei

epiphone Valve Junior Tube Amplifier Head

I figured what do I have to lose with this thing? 99 bucks, free shipping for Musician's Friend, and if I didn't like it, put it right back in the box and send it back. For 99 bucks, this thing is awesome. I'm running a Custom shop Showmaster (strat basically) and a Fender Tele through a dyna comp, Bad Cat 2 tone, a tremelo and DL4 delay. From the head I'm hooked into a Carvin Legacy Cabinet loaded with vintage 30's. Remember that the amp itself has no EQ control, but it doesn't need it either. 5 watts doesn't leave you with a lot of head room. When I plug the guitar straight in to the amp and slam the volume full it grits up really nice. This thing has some balls after all. Not really ideal volume unless you're putting a mic in front of the cab, but that's what I do and it works for me. I'm not going to inflate the score of this thing. There are many other amps that sound better than this. But I also realize that for what it is, it's awesome. For 99 bucks, it's a freakin' amazing. It's a pretty good tube sound for 99 bucks. Better than the Fender Blues Junior in my opinion.

Already dopped it once. Other than a couple of scuff marks it seems to be alright. Took a look inside and found everything to be nice and secured well. But seriously, if it really were to break to a point where I couldn't fix, I would just buy another one.

General Comments

I've been playing for 8 years. I'm hardcore about my tone, and this amp doesn't nail what I like, but it does a good enough job. If it were stolen or lost, I probably would buy another one. It's nice to have the little thing sitting around. Very ideal to have if you don't want to lugg around heavy stuff. Take a chance and snag one if you can. Seriously, it's a tube amp with a tube sound. Take a chance, and if you don't like it just send it back.