AKAI Professional Release VIP 3.1
By HC News |
AKAI Professional and Plugivery today proudly announce VIP Version 3.1, an important update on Akai’s “VIP” software, along with 2 attractive promos that will run throughout March.
▪ AKAI MPD218
▪ AKAI MPD226
▪ AKAI MPD232
▪ Alesis VI25
▪ Alesis VI49
▪ Alesis VI61
▪ Alesis Vmini
▪ Alesis V25
▪ Alesis V49
▪ Alesis V61
- Setlist BPM: Songs in a setlist can now have a BPM. Right-Click on a song in a setlist and from the drop down menu choose Edit Tempo. Once you have configured a tempo, this will be displayed on the hardware UI in Setlist mode. Loading a song with BPM will set VIP's tempo.
- Setlists are now labelled by song index rather than program change number.
- In Setlist mode when the current song is a Patch, clicking Save from the Multi Panel will create a new Multi and update the setlist entry accordingly.
- Setlist control options have been moved from Preferences into the main Setlist panel under the Control Options drop down menu.
- Minor tweaks to the UI to improve the look and feel.
Velocity Ranges: You can now configure parts in a Multi to have different velocity ranges. Use the Velocity Start and End fields in the Multi Panel to assign a velocity range to a part.
- Pads now send Note Off messages correctly when Sustain is on.
- Muting and unmuting Multi slots will no longer cause pops.
- Plugin Control knobs are no longer set to 0 when changing setlist slots with Setlist Control Edit enabled.
- Program Change MIDI Filter: If Smooth Preset Transitions does not work when changing songs via Program Change messages in a Setlist context, filter out Program Change messages from patches and save them as a Multi.
- Control Panel button modes now persist when switching banks.
- Control Panel button values now refresh correctly when switching banks.
- Duplicating items in VIP now uses the Alt/Option modifier.
- Individual patches now import correctly in Logic Pro X when importing manually.
- Enabling Learn in the Plugin tab of the Control Panel will no longer pop out the plugin UI.
- Setlist navigation improvements when using VIP with an expanded keyboard.
- Better readability in Setlist mode for live situations.
- Larger CPU meter for better visual feedback in live situations.
- Control mode labels on the hardware UI are now in keeping with the GUI.
- Graphical improvements when hiding mixer components in the Multi Panel.
- Graphical improvements for minimum resolution displays.
Existing users may update by running their VIP software or visiting their hardware account for models that include the software.
The VIP 3.1 Standard Promo bundle includes AKAI’s VIP 3.1 software and the following Air Music’s plug-ins: Vacuum Pro, and the Fresh AIR Expansion Pack FREE.
About AKAI Professional
The world’s most influential manufacturer of music production gear—including the legendary MPC—Akai Professional develops creative technologies to equip music makers with hardware and software tools that are unmatched in expressive capability.
Plugivery is a B2B (business to business) distribution service whose purpose is to introduce audio software products into hundreds of music stores all around the world carefully considering every need of a truly professional distribution service based on electronic delivery. The name Plugivery comes from the combination of the words “Plug-in” and “Delivery”.