Help me identify this guitar please

Trauma_Luna

• Members

A guitar exactly like this is on sale as used at the local music store, i tried it and i really like it, the guy there is asking $60 USD for it, it looks like this

epistrat.jpg

What model is this? i mean a strato body with an epiphone neck?.. i had never seen it. if you recognize it, would you recommend it to me? any thoughts about the guitar?

• Members

Late 80's early 90's Epiphone "S" series.... looks like someone has dressed it up too. The Floyd Rose, knobs and pickguard are not stock.

oh yes i know that, is just that is the closest picture i found, the one at the music store has vintage trem, and fender knobs

• Members

Late 80's early 90's Epiphone "S" series.... looks like someone has dressed it up too. The Floyd Rose, knobs and pickguard are not stock.

I bought one as my first guitar....horrible piece of {censored}, that guitar...put me off of strat style guitars for at least 5 years.:thu:

• Members

oh yes i know that, is just that is the closest picture i found, the one at the music store has vintage trem, and fender knobs

More specifically, one of these:

This one is from the 1994 catalog. Like most cheaper 90's Epiphones, it was made by Samick. (see attachment)

For $60, the price is about right... if you want a cheap modding platform. Hell, you can hardly find a freakin' Teisco that cheap anymore, much less an Epi...

• Members

More specifically, one of these:

This one is from the 1994 catalog. Like most cheaper 90's Epiphones, it was made by Samick. (see attachment)

For $60, the price is about right... if you want a cheap modding platform. Hell, you can hardly find a freakin'
Teisco
that cheap anymore, much less an Epi...

Yeah, exactly like that black one, so it is a piece of {censored}, huh?, well im a bassist, im not playing live with it or something, just want it to play with a practice amp here, and write some riffs. i think itll do that or so

• Members

It is most likely the S-310 or could possibly be a S-310 Custom.

They aren't all that bad.

S310_1.jpg

This was one that I owned. The p/u's leave a little to be desired, but overall I'd say they are ok and $60 is a great price.

Good Luck

Archived