Sign in to follow this  
Trauma_Luna

Help me identify this guitar please

A guitar exactly like this is on sale as used at the local music store, i tried it and i really like it, the guy there is asking $60 USD for it, it looks like this

epistrat.jpg

What model is this? i mean a strato body with an epiphone neck?.. i had never seen it. if you recognize it, would you recommend it to me? any thoughts about the guitar?

Yes a Epi Strat copy. Worth about what they are asking for it. I believe it has a plywood body and very cheap electronics.

Late 80's early 90's Epiphone "S" series.... looks like someone has dressed it up too. The Floyd Rose, knobs and pickguard are not stock.

oh yes i know that, is just that is the closest picture i found, the one at the music store has vintage trem, and fender knobs

Late 80's early 90's Epiphone "S" series.... looks like someone has dressed it up too. The Floyd Rose, knobs and pickguard are not stock.

I bought one as my first guitar....horrible piece of {censored}, that guitar...put me off of strat style guitars for at least 5 years.:thu:

oh yes i know that, is just that is the closest picture i found, the one at the music store has vintage trem, and fender knobs

More specifically, one of these:

This one is from the 1994 catalog. Like most cheaper 90's Epiphones, it was made by Samick. (see attachment)

For $60, the price is about right... if you want a cheap modding platform. Hell, you can hardly find a freakin' Teisco that cheap anymore, much less an Epi...

More specifically, one of these:

This one is from the 1994 catalog. Like most cheaper 90's Epiphones, it was made by Samick. (see attachment)

For $60, the price is about right... if you want a cheap modding platform. Hell, you can hardly find a freakin'
Teisco
that cheap anymore, much less an Epi...

Yeah, exactly like that black one, so it is a piece of {censored}, huh?, well im a bassist, im not playing live with it or something, just want it to play with a practice amp here, and write some riffs. i think itll do that or so

It is most likely the S-310 or could possibly be a S-310 Custom.

They aren't all that bad.

S310_1.jpg

This was one that I owned. The p/u's leave a little to be desired, but overall I'd say they are ok and $60 is a great price.

Good Luck