Lindy Fralin tele bridge or DiMarzio

floyd1991

• Members

So I'm upgrading my MIM tele pickups. I'm pretty set on getting the stock Lindy Fralin neck pickup, but for the bridge I'm not so sure. I really hate the buzz that comes with single coils.. And I don't play country or anything too twangy, just blues and classic rock and jazz. To be honest, I never use my bridge setting right now. It might just be because the MIM bridge pickup is so weak, but I hate how it sounds. I only use the middle and neck positions. I heard the DiMarzio chopper is less twangy (which would be good for me) and more "low end"-ish and bassy. This might prove more useful. Also it's supposed to get rid of a lot of single coil buzz.

So which would you recommend? Getting both the lindy fralin bridge and neck pickup...

http://www.fralinpickups.com/telestyle_stock.asp#stockB

Or getting the DiMarzio chopper tele pickup

http://accessories.musiciansfriend.com/product/DiMarzio-DP384-Special-Chopper-Tele-Bridge-Pickup?sku=302467

• Members

Just sold a Tele with a set of Fralins in it. They are good pickups...

But if you want a REALLY kick ass set of Tele pickups do yourself a favour and get Bryan from BG Custom Pickups to wind you a set.

My new Tele is the BEST sounding and most versatile Tele I have ever had... EVER.

LONG LIVE BG PICKUPS!!! :thu::thu:

AJC

• Members

I have a stock Fralin Tele in my Esquire and its my favorite pickup (others I have are Don Mare, Fender OV and Novak)...Id be weary of matching different PUPs due to polarity/wrap direction which is info not really available.

If you want less twangy get one of his blues specials or whatever its called, the stock is pretty low, mines 7K but as low as mid 6 I think they are and with A5 that makes a bright, twangy PUP which is what I want maybe not what you want...I think higher like 7.4K gets more midrange and darker

Archived