Considering a Carvin Build

scgmhawk

• Members

I'm considering a Carvin build (either a C66 or Bolt+). I've never played one and was looking for some feedback. I'm curious that I always read comments that say, "you either love them or hate them". I'm curious what causes the "hate"? I wanted to post this here rather than the Carvin board to see what non-carvinites have to say.

Thanks for the input!

• Members

IMO if you got chance, could try the bolt kit first. According to my friend's experience, it's a fun project, and the axe is tonal killer and easy to play too.

It costs much less than a custom order, and you can have a lot project fun.

• Members

I'm considering a Carvin build (either a C66 or Bolt+). I've never played one and was looking for some feedback. I'm curious that I always read comments that say, "you either love them or hate them". I'm curious what causes the "hate"? I wanted to post this here rather than the Carvin board to see what non-carvinites have to say.

Thanks for the input!

Most of the complaints have to do with the electronics. I had two. No end of trouble out of both of them. Great wood, really easy to play. Electronics were useless junk. YMMV.

• Members

My two DC127s are great guitars in every way.

I've seen the complaints about the electronics, but so far for me, it's been unwarranted.

I don't think you can go wrong ordering from Carvin over the other overpriced imports out there.

Buying from them is a no-brainer for me in the future.

Archived