Tele project: Pickup choice

nomadh

• Members

I have a tobaccoburst tele copy body and a strat copy rw neck. The body looks great and it plays nice but it isn't finished. It has a 6 saddle string through the body bridge and no neck pickup. I was just going to buy a GFS neck pickup for it but whats the fun in that. Besides does anybody use the neck tele pickup? I was thinking its a good place to try my first P-90. But then what about a lipstick or minibucker. And if I do go P-90 what one? The mean 90 or dream 90. BTW I am going cheap. I think $30ish maybe some more if you can really convince me. I'm looking for something different. I have strats and humbucker guitars and a std tele so what will give me the most different sound? Also the bridge pickup isn't very tele sounding? Any ideas why it isn't very twangy and what may be a good replacement there?

thanks

• Moderators

I have a tobaccoburst tele copy body and a strat copy rw neck. The body looks great and it plays nice but it isn't finished. It has a 6 saddle string through the body bridge and no neck pickup. I was just going to buy a GFS neck pickup for it but whats the fun in that.

The fun is if it's a GFS Fatbody:thu:

[YOUTUBE]w6No0aCaB58[/YOUTUBE]

• Members

Sounds pretty good. That may be the easiest answer. It does fit the std tele mount, right? Maybe I would get that for my other tele when its done being tweaked. Still think I should try a p90 though. BTW whats the best way to mod the pickguard. Then whats the best mount, std or dogear? Hoping for more fun ideas.

Archived