LTD Gus G

BloodRose

• Members

Anyone have one? Anyone played one?? How are they?? The upper fret access looks amazing! Any concerns or issues? How do they play and sound? I cant find any reviews on the review site.

I love the look. If it was Black flame, it would be perfect... Thanks

• Members

My friend has one, I can ask him to make up a mini review later if you want. He likes it a lot, uses it in his band which is in standard tuning. I do remember him mentioning the neck-heaviness but said the rest was so awesome that it was well worth it.

• Members

I cant believe no one else has played one.. Well, I was comparing specs tween the ESP and the LTD and they are nearly identical. I wish I could play them back to back to see if the ESP version is worth 2 1/2 times more..

Anyhow, since MF is closing out the old model (new ones have no floyd and downpointed headstock), I ordered one.. I love the floyd one.. So, Ill see in a few days how it is.. I hope its cool.. I had to scrape every penny I had to my name to get it.. :facepalm:

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I always loved the shape when Akira Takasaki (sp?) played his ESP, but hated that stubby looking headstock. So to me, this is an improvement. And the New Gus G models have down headstock and hard tail..

I have an explorer and love these rad shape, pointy axes. But they arent for everyone. I almost didnt get it cuz I didnt want the signature model part of it.. But it had the look and features and when the marked em half off to close them out..... Well....

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

Just an update.. This thing is amazing! I didnt wanna gush too much when it was still new to me.. But now I have had it a few weeks and it has become my favorite player.. It plays easy, sounds great and has made my playing improve.

I am sure curious how the ESP version is. I cant afford one, but I sure wonder.. If this one is this good, is the ESP magical??

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

is it neck heavy?

It looks badass by the way

Thanks! Sorry for the delay. Havent been on for awhile.. Yeah, it is alittle headstock heavy. Basically, if you let it hang, the headstock will go downward. But.... it isnt made to hang... When I play, there are no problems.. It freaking rips.. It has become the one I reach for first..

Archived