What is a nineties Epiphone Les Paul worth?

DarkHorseJ27

• Members

My wife and I are friends with a couple named Stephanie and Shane. They recently came back from Florida (trip payed for by Stephanie's mom) to visit Stephanie's family. They brought back a good bit of her dad's stuff. Her dad died a number of years ago from cancer. Her dad used to play guitar, so a pair of guitar were brought back.

At the moment both Stephanie and Shane are out of work and in severe financial trouble. Shane has scoliosis, which limits his job options, and Stephanie is very pregnant at the moment. My wife and I were over at their place for Shane's birthday. They mentioned that they were trying to sell one of the guitars, and Epiphone Les Paul, on Ebay but it wasn't going well. I offered, that if the guitar didn't sell, I would buy it.

I made it clear that I would just sell it, as I don't play electric enough to justify having more than one electric, but also that my wife and I are financially secure enough to wait a while for the guitar to sell. Plus, I would have an easier time selling it most likely, as guitars are my thing.

I got a call this morning that the guitar didn't sell, and they need the money asap. So what is a nineties (I think he said 1995) Epiphone Les Paul in perfect working condition, some nicks and some belt rash, and no case (gig bag) worth so I can give them a fair price?

• Members

^^This seems right. Kinda depends on the color/ finish as well. Black standards seem to going relatively cheap while plain tops and maybe bursts are fetching more.

But boy, both of them out of work with a baby on the way - rough...

• Members

My wife and I are friends with a couple named Stephanie and Shane. They recently came back from Florida (trip payed for by Stephanie's mom) to visit Stephanie's family. They brought back a good bit of her dad's stuff. Her dad died a number of years ago from cancer. Her dad used to play guitar, so a pair of guitar were brought back.

At the moment both Stephanie and Shane are out of work and in severe financial trouble. Shane has scoliosis, which limits his job options, and Stephanie is very pregnant at the moment. My wife and I were over at their place for Shane's birthday. They mentioned that they were trying to sell one of the guitars, and Epiphone Les Paul, on Ebay but it wasn't going well. I offered, that if the guitar didn't sell, I would buy it.

I made it clear that I would just sell it, as I don't play electric enough to justify having more than one electric, but also that my wife and I are financially secure enough to wait a while for the guitar to sell. Plus, I would have an easier time selling it most likely, as guitars are my thing.

I got a call this morning that the guitar didn't sell, and they need the money asap. So what is a nineties (I think he said 1995) Epiphone Les Paul in perfect working condition, some nicks and some belt rash, and no case (gig bag) worth so I can give them a fair price?

Some decent pics would help, and it wouldn't hurt to run it for sale here with a bit of the back story.

Some of the guys here have big soft spots, and might pay a few bucks more if they felt they were helping a family in a bad place.

• Members

Some decent pics would help, and it wouldn't hurt to run it for sale here with a bit of the back story.

Some of the guys here have big soft spots, and might pay a few bucks more if they felt they were helping a family in a bad place.

good points - good idea.

Archived