itunes. i haven't looked yet...

• Members

We went through tunecore. Haven't had any problems yet. They had it up is the amount of time they said they would, it's fairly cheap. We haven't yet received our first bank statement or whatever, but I'm not concerned with them ripping us off somehow or anything. I know a lot of people that have gone through them with no problem whatsoever.

• Members

Right now I'm using indistr.com (see sig) just to sell a few digital downloads. However, I don't really think the site gets very much traffic. It all depends on how serious you are about selling your album I guess. I'm thinking about maybe promoting my band's online store by doing a promotional podcast or something so that people using iTunes can still find out about your band.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Members

CDBaby is a pretty painless way to do it. It takes a while to get in the system, but I've been well pleased by both the number of downloads -- from iTunes UK and & iTunes Australia/New Zealand especially --and the fact that CDBaby always pays you when you ask.

The only downside to the iTunes thing is that sales are anonymous to the artist, so you've no idea who purchased your CDs/tracks. With hard copy sales from CDBaby, you get contact info, and you're able to thank those who buy your music.

Steve R.

http://www.steverobinsonmusic.com/

• Members

CDBaby is a pretty painless way to do it. It takes a while to get in the system, but I've been well pleased by both the number of downloads -- from iTunes UK and & iTunes Australia/New Zealand especially --and the fact that CDBaby always pays you when you ask.

The only downside to the iTunes thing is that sales are anonymous to the artist, so you've no idea who purchased your CDs/tracks. With hard copy sales from CDBaby, you get contact info, and you're able to thank those who buy your music.

Steve R.

Do you contact the people who buy your albums on CDbaby?

• Members

Yes. I really appreciate each and every sale I get.
I always write a little personal note to thank them for the support. I usually also ask them where they heard my music, and of course
, if they mind me adding them to my mailing list.

That's very courteous of you Steve. I've bought a bit of music from Cd Baby and to my surprise, I've had one artist/musician email and thank me for purchasing their music. He welcomed me to send a clip of my music, a mere amateur, I thought that was a nice touch.

Archived