Fret dip causes buzz:fixable?

Uze Soap

• Members

I got a not-so-deep cut or dip on my fourth fret on my Ibanez that causes it to buzz every time I play the low E on that fret, and I was wondering if there's any way to fix it? Can it be filed down or something like that? Or should I just buy a new guitar?

• Members

I don't think I wanna spend much on it, rather get a new one anyway. But I love it, and I would like it to last and be playable as I have written 95% of my music on it over the span on 7 years. No one has looked at it. I just thought I could fix it myself somehow.

Its only one little cut in one place on the 4th fret, but it buzzes badly and I have already set it up fine. How much would it be to refret just the one fret, do you think? I don't want to spend much, once again. And yes, the cut is deeper than those on the link. It fell down and the string just cut right into it, I think. Sad situation.

• Members

Damn. Is that the only alternative for fixing it? I thought spot leveling really only required a good eye and a leveler. You know, those construction beam things with the green liquid and the bubble...

Your avatar has made me forget what I was talking about.

Archived