Went to the California Guitar Show (SF) yesterday...

Karma1

• Members

The California Guitar Show which takes place in the San Francisco Bay area and later in southern California (Santa Monica) opened yesterday. The slow economy was definitely reflected at the event. There were less people and less vendors than I've ever seen in all the years I've been going. And, not that I was going to buy one, but there were a lot less of the "vintage" Gibsons and Fenders that sell in the $20,000 - $50,000 range. A number of the dealers I spoke to there were lamenting the lack of sales. There were also more customers than I've seen before who brought gear to sell or trade there - including myself, who brought some effects to sell, but didn't sell any.

However, there were still lots of great guitars to drool over. The most interesting one was an ultra rare Fender Marauder which I wrote about here in a separate post titled: "The rarest Fender guitar ever?" Some great amps too. If I had the bucks I would have snagged a pristine blackface Princeton I saw there. A lot of people seem to be parting with prized gear that they need to sell due to the economy. It's definitely a buyers market right now, and there are awesome deals to be had.

Archived