Which pickups for my Custom Tele HH?

DarkHorseJ27

• Members

I've been trying to decide, and I've got it narrowed down to three sets.

Set 1: DiMarzio Humbucker from Hell in the neck and a DiMarzio Bluesbucker in the bridge. I tend to like the sound of most pickups that sound between a humbucker and single coil. I'd consider P-90s, but way to much 60 cycle hum at my apartment. I'm not able to try them out, but I like the sound in videos I've seen.

Set 2: Lace Alumitones. Not able to try these out either. Do like the clarity I've heard in videos, but afraid they might not be smooth enough for my tastes.

Set 3: Seymour Duncan Alnico II Pro Humbuckers. I did try some SD Alnico II strat pickups a while back, and I loved the smooth warm tone they had. OF course humbuckers and single coil are two completely different things, but if the humbuckers are as warm and smooth sounding, I'm sure I'll like them. Liked the sound I've heard in videos too.

At the moment I am leaning towards the Seymour Duncans. What do you guys think?

• Members

I'm really happy with these in my HH Tele: DiMarzio Air Norton/Tone Zone. Mine have coil splits, which I highly recommend installing - either that or series/parallel for tonal variety. But if I were choosing out of the three you mentioned I'd probably go with the Lace. I have Lace single coils in a couple other guitars and I've heard great things about the Alumitones - plus they look cool.

goldtopTele.jpg

• Members
I'm really happy with these in my HH Tele: DiMarzio Air Norton/Tone Zone. Mine have coil splits, which I highly recommend installing - either that or series/parallel for tonal variety. But if I were choosing out of the three you mentioned I'd probably go with the Lace. I have Lace single coils in a couple other guitars and I've heard great things about the Alumitones - plus they look cool.

goldtopTele.jpg

That is what I actually have in mine, wired the same way, lol.

Archived