amp problem

doppelbanger

• Members

having a problem with my hot rod deluxe. its worked great for years but lately ive been getting a humming sound. tried turning down the guitar volume but that has no effect on the humming. also, three times it has suddenly got a large boost in volume or treble or something. i figured you guys on here would be more responsive with some help than the amp forum.

• Members

having a problem with my hot rod deluxe. its worked great for years but lately ive been getting a humming sound. tried turning down the guitar volume but that has no effect on the humming. also, three times it has suddenly got a large boost in volume or treble or something. i figured you guys on here would be more responsive with some help than the amp forum.

Sounds like your amp is randomly switching channels. Mine had numerous problems when it was given to me, and this was one of them. The fix is to resolder the large power resistors on the board. See this site:

http://studentweb.eku.edu/justin_holton/

for more information.

PS: if you're not comfortable or qualified to work on your amp, take it to a tech - there are stored voltages present in your amp that can kill you, even when it's switched off.

Archived