How have Fender/Gibson sales been post 2008/09 price increases?

Anonymous Guy

• Members
gibson spent allot of money with suit they filed against Activision and other various companies involved in the creation and distribution of Guitar Hero, such as MTV, Harmonix, Electronic Arts, Wal-Mart, Target and K-mart. gibson lost the case against Activision in in feb and the courts are now saying the other suits are frivolous. with that fairy colored sg, gibbons showing an extreme lack of interest in the pearly gates, the loss of les paul and the quality issues they are having, i really dont know if gibson can drop prices

yeah the activision lawsuit was {censored}ed up, activision advertised their company to people who would otherwise not know guitar brands that well, and gibson sued them in return. :facepalm:

• Members

I bought my Fender Classic Player Baja Tele for significantly less than the going rate now. As much as I like their guitars I refuse to pay the jacked up Fender prices and most big guitar shops have room despite what they may tell you.

My brother who's main Les Paul was recently stolen at a gig, and is a Les Paul only type recently picked up an ESP/LTD EC-400AT and is not even considering another Gibson now.

• Members

gibson custom shop models are still selling pretty well, increase or not they are selling, earlier this year they released the bloomfield vos and murphy aged models and they sold really well, they also made the 50th anni 1959 reissue in 2 colors and made them limited and they sold pretty well, pearly gates reissue just came out and theres been alot of people i have seen that bought both the aged and vos models. maybe certain models didnt sell in the cheaper ranges but custom shop sig models and historics sell pretty well.
i guess the guys buying these expensive guitars dont care about the increases.

Archived