Shadow Nanomag on electric guitar

DarkHorseJ27

• Members

I have an Epi Masterbilt Slope-shoulder dread with a piezo bridge and a nanomag at the neck. It sounds good to me when it's amplified. It's different sounding than the piezo bridge. It's more "forward" sounding than the piezo stuff, more like an electric guitar than an amped-up acoustic.

My guitar came with those two pickup systems already installed, along with dual tone and blending controls and an onboard tuner.

Not knowing what you are being asked to pay, I can't really speak to that aspect of it, other than to say that the nanomag setup sounds good, you'll have to decide whether it's worth the asking price....

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

yup, Nanomag is good!:thu:

It's the main reason I even bought an Ultra II.. the stock humbuckers kinda suck big, but the Nanomag sealed the deal for me.

I play in an acoustic rock duo, and need the ability to get acoustic tones, and then switch to some rocking tones.

Of all the guitars I looked at/listened to, the Ultra II had the best, natural sounding acoustic tone. Keep in mind the Nanomag output needs to go to a PA or acoustic amp to really do it's thing.

In my case, i use two cables.. one for the modeler, and one for the Nanomag to the board. Sounds great! You may need to tweak the Nanomag controls on the back of the guitar to dial in your tone. When I first played an Ultra II in GC, I thought the acoustic tone sounded kinda "meh".. but then I made some adjustments with the Nanomag controls on the back, and it sounded fantastic!

Archived