Voyage-Air Guitar (Guitars with folding necks)

rlm297

• Members

I was watching Shark Tank on ABC last night and a company called Voyage-Air Guitar was pitching their product to the panel.

Their product is unique in that their acoustic guitars have folding necks, making them easier to store/transport. They even stay in tune after folding and unfolding the neck, as demonstrated.

Anyone else catch this episode or know about this company? I must say I was very impressed at this innovative idea and kind of happy Voyage-Air decided not to give up part of their company. If we've learned anything through CBS-era Fender and the like, it's that these big business companies could care less about quality and tone, things that are most important to musicians.

Anyway, just thought I'd mention it here, because I thought it was cool to see guitar geek stuff on primetime tv.

Here's the link to the guitar company's website:

http://voyageairguitar.com/

• Members

cool idea but that guy is an idiot. he could have done the floyd rose idea. he has a unique product that people would like and he should sell that product as well as the guitar. floyd rose has guitars but their one piece is what makes them. not the guitar.

• Members

I was upstairs and my dad called me down to check it out on TV. definitely a cool idea. its not one of those tiny little backpackers, but a full-size acoustic you can bring with you. great idea, but the dude should have taken the license deal on the hinge. I think he could have made a ton of money if he did that

Archived