So I played a Roadworn Strat today...

IanAlderman

• Members

While I was waiting for my guitar that's been in the shop for a few months. It was a 50's sunburst model, with maple neck and fretboard. The relic'ing was actually quite nice and the particular Strat looked like something Rory Gallagher or John Frusciante would play.

For as long as this series has come to existence, I could not understand why on earth somebody would want one of these guitars. I played it today, and as I said, the finish looked legit. It wasn't overdone, and it sounded as good as it looked and played.

Have any of you ever had a guitar that you did NOT WANT TO LIKE yet when you're in the store, you see it hanging on the wall, and feel the need to gravitate toward that guitar you tell yourself you don't like and end up liking it once you've spent some quality time?

• Members

The roadworns have got rave reviews from most people who played them. Have you heard about the new John Mayer signature? Theyre doing 2 versions, a run of 83 detail for detail masterbuilts, which are retailing at $7k, and an unlimited run of USA Roadworns for about $2k. The first roadworn was a MIM, and check it....

fvct1e.jpg

The top is the mexican roadworn, they were planning on doing it in mexico but are moving it to a USA run due to feedback.

But man, how good is that job for a roadworn strat!

• Members

Have any of you ever had a guitar that you did NOT WANT TO LIKE yet when you're in the store, you see it hanging on the wall, and feel the need to gravitate toward that guitar you tell yourself you don't like and end up liking it once you've spent some quality time?

Yeah, anything with single coils i.e. Strats and Teles LOL!

• Members

I owned a white 60's RW for a while, and I was floored by how good it looked and sounded. In the end, I couldn't get along with the fretboard radius, but I really liked the guitar. I thought that the subtle finish checking (that you can't see in any photo) was amazing, and it was a great player. Nice tone too.

Archived