Designing CD inserts... *HELP!* (i need somebody...)

• Members

I need major help on this in the worst possible way :(

I got the cover made up for our CD and now Im stuck on how to get the inside design and the back design done up! I got all the pictures to do it and font settings all ready to go and everything but I cant do it with windowsMSpaint or whatever it is...and the CD label design program I have is fairly crap and wont let you save the images so you can send them to a company to get them done up for you! (maybe if i hit 'print screen' button and worked with it but it still probably wouldnt work...)

Please help...some suggestions or should I get the design/printing company to help me just make one up and that would be extra cost....

so can someone recommend a program or perhaps something/someon to help

this is like one of the only things we need to get done and its been about a month and im desperate and stuck.....im almost tempted to have the whole back part black with white text going down the middle just to make it easier but thats kindof too crappy....

help please?

thanks

-Dann:blah:

• Members

Surething 5 eh!?! is this something i could possibly download? easy to use?

how does it work...!?

im just looking for something to get the design good to go and then im gonna send it off to get done professionaly rather then printing it off my printer

im gonna take a look into it when i get the time but...in terms of ease of use

how simple is it? just image...text....save?

• Members

Check out this website...

http://www.freeserifsoftware.com/

This is Serif Software and what you are looking for is called PagePlus.

I am a writer and have written reviews of Serif Software. In fact, I have been using it since version 2.x and it is up to version 12 at this point.

Here is a link to my reviews at DSLR-MAG, the digital SLR camera magazine.

http://www.dslr-mag.com/page_plus.htm

My wife actually teaches classes in digital design and scrapbooking with Serif software. It is so much easier to use than Photoshop or Elements. Believe me, when people compare this to Photoshop, there is no comparison, really, Serif is page layout software designed specifically for this sort of work. Photoshop is an image editing software pack. I have used both for years and while Photoshop is king of image editing, PagePlus is more like Adobe PageMaker, without the $600 price tag.

Good Luck with your album.

• Members

thanks alot :thu:

the inserts are getting designed by my friend in germany who is an artist/musician/university teacher/lecturer etc whatever he does....

but I am going to grab this anyways because Im always spinning up little things like 4-5 song singles/EPs kindof a thing

• Members

Check out this website...

This is Serif Software and what you are looking for is called PagePlus.

I am a writer and have written reviews of Serif Software. In fact, I have been using it since version 2.x and it is up to version 12 at this point.

Here is a link to my reviews at DSLR-MAG, the digital SLR camera magazine.

My wife actually teaches classes in digital design and scrapbooking with Serif software. It is so much easier to use than Photoshop or Elements. Believe me, when people compare this to Photoshop, there is no comparison, really, Serif is page layout software designed specifically for this sort of work. Photoshop is an image editing software pack. I have used both for years and while Photoshop is king of image editing, PagePlus is more like Adobe PageMaker, without the $600 price tag.

Good Luck with your album.

Are you sure Serif is still in business? I just tried your link and it didn't work. I googled Serif and none of their websites worked.

I'm on the market for cd designing software too.

edit: must have been a glitch cuz the link is working now:)

Archived