Something for you Cali guys and gals

mymindsok

• Members

Hey!

I have been seeing posters around for this free festival and thought that you might want to know about it. :thu:

418.jpg

My GF forwarded me an email saying that they just added Slash from Guns and Roses,Jerry Harrison from the Talking Heads and Ronnie Montrose to the line up!

If the famously fluky San Francisco weather holds good, this should be a banner festival and its FREE!!!

Note: I have no connection with the promoters or artists connected with this event. I am also not getting paid or otherwise renumerated for promoting this event and neither Fender or Gibson is committed to supporting me with either free or "cost only" guitars or amps, in return for posting this info, despite the fact that if they had any sense at all, they'd give special pricing consideration to 50% of the guys and gals posting on HGC. Of course, thats just one more sign of the corporate greed that runs rampent in todays America, keeping musical instruments out of the hands of poor students and those of us attempting to add a few more instruments to our already too full closets and practice rooms. I will soon be organizing a "Musicians March on Washington" in an effort to support a bill that would force the US Government to quit nationalizing Banks and to turn it's attention to the nationalization of both Gibson and Fender and mandate the installation of HGC members to both it's board of directors, as well as to the Quality Control and inspection department, so that all of the really good instruments get placed in this board members hands at no costs beyond shipping charges. Look for more info shortly and vote with your picking hand. I would also ask you to support my nomination for the next Nobel Peace Prize, based uppon my belief that Peace comes from the muzzel of a Fender Twin and the trigger is a Tele, a Strat or a vintage LP and further, that guitar collectors should be required to register any vintage guitars in thier collections with a to-be-established public agency and make them available for semi permanent loan to registered musicians (With "Musician" registration restricted to HGC members circa 10-11-09) within 12 hours notification and said instruments returned after a period of up to but not limited to 10 years. Remember, I do not want to be president. I only want to be the boss. (Not "The Boss" Just boss!)

Archived