Interesting little Zune feature

• Members

This has absolutely nothing to do with "PC v MAC" or "MS V Apple"

or even anything to do with what company made the product at all

it doesn't even have to do with the product as a whole and I've been using these sorts of player pre-ipod (Diamond RIO, etc) -- so I'm not married to anything (I've had sandisks and rios and creatives and ipods)

ugh, it's weird to feel the need for that disclaimer

anyway, I just wanted to bring up one kind of nifty little feature I accidentally stumbled upon..if you unplug the jack from a Zune, it goes into pause mode

this is nice if you accidentally snag the headphones (Now, I listen to a lot of spoken word, etc - missing a part of a 3 to 10 min song as not a big deal as it's not necessarily going to disrupt the narrative...if there is one, but with spoken word and some types of longform music, I find that development is important)

Or, if your unit is on "lock" and you still want to "emergency pause" without fumbling, you can simply unhook

or you just find you leave your player running (esp with soft power switches)

it's no big groundbreaking thing, but a nice touch and sometimes those usability things can add quite a bit to the user experience

and I wouldn't be shocked if "Doug on the playback control dev team" had to push through a number of meetings to make his case for that feature

You go Doug!

Archived