Could Marshall be developing a Doug Aldrich signature amp?

the_gunslinger

• Members

I suscribe to Guitar World, and on last months issue, in the backline section, they discuss Doug Aldriches rig. One of the amps is listed as a 'proto-type Marshall.' In the article he reveals nothing about his amps. This got me wondering, is Marshall developing a Doug Aldrich model? What do you think?

If they are, I'm tempted to try one!

• Members

Dio and Whitesnake. Wow he should get his own sig. Two of the biggest band out there today.

Well, with signature amps for Kerry King, Zakk Wylde and Dave Mustaine, I don't think were going to see a John Mayer Marshall anytime soon. These days Doug is Marshalls go to guy for testing and demoing new products. It makes sense to me that he would be the next in line for a signature Marshall.

• Members

Doug is a Kick Ass player and brings great tone and great playing too each gig Ive seen him at. He hit the Dio songs harder than Viv live IMO. And with Coverdale he nailed the Sykes vibe too a T.

I would have liked too have seen him teamed up with Ozzy but it probably will never happen what with Gus G and Zakky.

He deserves more cred and a sig Marshall amp is a step in the right direction.

• Members

Doug is a Kick Ass player and brings great tone and great playing too each gig Ive seen him at. He hit the Dio songs harder than Viv live IMO. And with Coverdale he nailed the Sykes vibe too a T.

I would have liked too have seen him teamed up with Ozzy but it probably will never happen what with Gus G and Zakky.

He deserves more cred and a sig Marshall amp is a step in the right direction.

I think he could still be a candidate for Ozzy's band. I personally think Gus G. isn't going to last much longer in Ozzy's band. The vids I saw on youtube sounded way, way to much like Zakk, in both performances and tonewise. I thought Ozzy was trying to move away from that. From what I've seen, Doug has a great ability to recreate the feel and vibe of the original artists recordings, so he could cover the ground from Randy, to Jake, to Zakk, pretty easily. If Ozzy's coming out with a new record, which he says he is, Doug could add the much needed spark and kick some serious ass, the way Zakk did in '89.

And Doug has always had great tone, too. I also loved the last Whitesnake record. Balls out Marshall crunch all the way, with pretty cool songs.

• Members

Well, with signature amps for Kerry King, Zakk Wylde and Dave Mustaine, I don't think were going to see a John Mayer Marshall anytime soon. These days Doug is Marshalls go to guy for testing and demoing new products. It makes sense to me that he would be the next in line for a signature Marshall.

I don't know how John Mayer got brought up. But seeing how I don't even like him you say that like I should be offended.

Well I'm not. In regards to a John Mayer sig Marshall not happening. well not {censored} he dosn't even play Marshall.

But back to the topic at hand.

I fail to see the point of Sig model (insert product here)

To me it's just a way to jack up the price on a product. When all you really are paying for is the name on it.

At one time a sig model meant something but now everyone has a Sig this or that.

My answer to this is just come up with your own. If that's your thing. In fact here's a crazy thought.

Why not try to find your own sound and not be like someone else.

With that being said

Jeff Beck plays a Super Champ XD so I guess all I need to do is put Jeffs name on it and I have a sig Jeff Beck Super Champ XD.

Just my 2 cents.

Archived