PAF Humbucker Question (Dallas Rangemaster and Bolan Content)

Fuzzz

• Members

I came across this article http://www.analogman.com/bolan.htm on analogmans website when I was searching for more information on the Dallas Rangemaster Boost (never owned or used a boost pedal before). It's a pretty good read, but it got me thinking:

Does anyone make a set of PAF styled humbuckers that are low output, and unsmooth? I think it would be pretty neat to try and get that sort of crunch/ growl as heard on some of the Electric Warrior tracks, but I don't think I've ever come across pickups that fit that description. Recommendations?:love:

Thanks for reading :wave:

• Members

DiMarzio Virtual PAFs get raves reviews on this site. They definitely seem to be worth a look
:thu:

they've been discontinued. but don't be dismayed. when i asked Dimarzio what the differences between the VPAF and the newer Anniversary PAF were, they said the new ones have a touch higher output, and that i could make up for the difference by raising my pickups slightly. so instead of looking in vain for a discontinued pup, you've now got a regular production model to go with.

also, my pickups are 4 wire. i run them in series/parallel and both settings sound great. i'm really happy with the versatility.

Archived