NGD: nasty, nasty slide!

rydia is hot

• Members

anyone have some good slide guitar sites? :D

just brought this home, dropped it into open d, and busted out the slide.

i've been wanting to try more slide playing, but i never wanted to commit one of my nice guitars to it. then this showed up on craigslist.

i think it's a teisco, has the gold foil pickup that sounds NASTY. in a good way.

IMG_1548.jpg

best part: $25. craigslist can be a nice thing :thu:

• Members

Sweet. As for playing slide...

I broke my hand in September. I'm finally getting some hand strength back but I play slide almost 80-90% of the time now.

It removes the crutch (the frets) and learning to play slide sounds like a sackful of creatures mated from kitties and banshees, all about to die.

But when you get it, it is sooooo much fun, and you reach a whole new level of expression. I'm just reaching the point where I'm not afraid to play slide in public.

Remember there are no rules, just do what feels comfortable. I prefer Open E, with a Coricidan bottle on my ring finger, but whatever works for you. Someone on the forum (sorry, I can't remember who :facepalm:) gave me this website. It really helps to learn your chords and shapes in the new tuning.

http://chordlist.brian-amberg.de/en/guitar/open_e/

Play along with you favorite songs, whether there is a slide part in them or not.

Edit: one thing that bugged me when learning to play was the noise from the slide. I play without a pick so I can easily mute the strings I am not playing. It helps A TON.

Archived