Replacing Floyd Rose string clamp?

Kuroyume

• Members

This is a first for me. I just noticed that the G-string string clamp block on the FR saddle is broke (fractured) on my Peavey EVH Wolfgang. Is there any way to buy just a replacement clamp block or must the entire saddle be replaced (eeks)?

I'll try to get a photo for you to see exactly what I mean (my iPhone just won't cut it so it will need to be a digital camera photo).

IMG_0388_small.jpg

Thanks

• Members

While those titanium string lock blocks sound like an amazing way to avoid this happening, $40 (+s&h, certainly) might be going a bit overboard. ;)

Thanks for the links. I haven't started looking about yet but wanted to see what type of action to take first.

• Members

Just threw up some links so you would know that there are places out there that sell replacement Floyd parts. Warmoth used to have Floyd parts, I think. Looks like they are only selling whole bridge units now.

You may also want to look at this site for individual bridge pieces:

http://www.guitarnucleus.com/gnstore/tremolo.html

or here:

http://www.gpdusa.com/Original_Floyd_Rose-Floyd_Rose_Parts-1.html

• Members

I notice in my photo that it appears as if the block was inverted so that the lock screw wasn't in the cavity. Just checked the others and they all appear to be correct. I've never removed them so it must have been setup that way before I purchased it (new). Interesting.

• Members

I'll probably just get a couple of sets and be done with it. Doesn't happen often (this is my first, as noted, and I've owned at least 30 or 40 guitars with FR bridges or variations thereof - Ibanez - over the past thirty years).

Thanks! Off to spendz my moneyz. :D

Archived