Paragon MECF9880 Les Paul

gurkin

• Members

Hi,

I've been playing an acoustic guitar for about 6 months now and would quite like to have a play with an electric. Having been a bit of a guns and roses fan in that past I would like a LP style if possible. I have found the Paragon MECF9880 Les Paul on ebay for an incredibly low price but am a little sceptical. Has anyone had any experience with one of these and if so how does it compare to an Epiphone or a Tokai.

Putting this to one side are there any models that people would advise for someone starting out.

Cheers

Gurkin

• Members

If it's the guitar I'm thinking of, it's a les paul copy made for Paragon music stores here in FL. Does it have a big "PMC" on the headstock? If so it is one of these guitars.

I have one as well as the guitarist in my original band (complete coincidence, same color and everything).

It's actually a decent guitar. I think I paid $250 or so 11 years ago.

Swapped the pickups out as they were noisy and thin sounding (not potted), and the electronics in it aren't the best but they suffice.

You will find though that the horn is just a little misshapen. holding it up against a real les paul, the cutaway is a bit smaller.

All in all though, I wouldn't be a horrible if it were under say $175 or so. Has a damn nice neck that I like very much.

Considering what is available today in LP copies though, I would probably go with an Xavier or an Agile instead.

Hope that helps.

• Members

Hi,

Thanks for the info, rather confusingly this guitar seems to have Maxine on the headstock. I'm not quite sure why this is when the seller is clearly advertising it as a Paragon.

I'll have a bit of a look for a Xavier or an Agile,

Thanks

Archived