NGD, Help? May go back

Beckman

• Members

I picked up a Washburn Nextar (Nuno model with the Stephens extended cut away). I got it for $180 at GC used. I played pretty good, sounds pretty good. It has a Dimebucker in the bridge. Anyway, I somehow missed this in the store, the neck might be twisted. Take a look a the picks and let me know what you all think. I may end up taking it back. It is on the side of the extended cut out. Somehow, I just did not look at this part of the neck until I got home. :facepalm: I checked up and down, the body, playability, etc. Just did not look at beck where the over hang hits the body. :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Bass side:

DSC01286.jpg

Treble side:

DSC01287.jpg

Up Neck

DSC01288.jpg

Down Neck

DSC01290.jpg

Others:

DSC01296.jpg

DSC01294.jpg

• Members

Impossible to tell from photos, but it looks pretty straight to me. The frets are perfectly parallel. Have you checked/adjusted the intonation? Once you get a fresh set of strings and set the string height, neck relief, and intonation, you should be able to tell for sure where the problems are.

• Members

Yeah, I could take more pics. But, I guess what I am referring to is the neck extension touches the body on the bass side, but not on the treble side. I also looks like the extension might me bent down a bit. I was really only looking for a cheap guitar to play some more 80's type tunes. My Strat and LP work, but not too well. They also did not have the trem bar that is supposed to be on it, I have to take it back anyway to get one.

• Members

Maybe there is a shim on the treble side, causing it to be higher up from the body?

I was thinking the same thing, but it does not really look like it. I guess I will be taking this thing apart tonight. I was planning to take it apart, set it up and intonate it. For $180, I could always use the parts for a new build I was planning to do myself anyway. I would be way ahead of the game with the parts that are on here anyway.

Archived