What Do You Think of the LTD Line of Guitars

mguts5150

• Members
Which Schecter? I agree, both brands are outstanding, and there are differences in design that account for fullness of tone. I haven't played many Schecters, but I've been impressed with them.

These three pictured here with my LTD
the white one is my favourite, its a C-1 Elite

the blue one is a Classic and it now has a duncan distortion in the bridge

and the black one is the 2008 model blackjack

28092009127.jpg

• Members

These three pictured here with my LTD

the white one is my favourite, its a C-1 Elite

To my knowledge the LTD that you have is not one of the previously mentioned ones that are made in the same facility as the Schecters so saying that it doesn't match up isn't really applicable unless it was solely a response to the poster who put up a pic of two 300 series. I think many of the 300 series have agathis bodies and less than Seymour Duncan pickups which typically come stock with 400 series and up (if they aren't EMG).

Personally, most of the Schecters have too much bling for my taste (as do most of the LTD 1000 series) but the blackjack is great - I almost bought one of the Tele style ones but chose a Korean G&L Tribute ASAT instead.

• Members

To my knowledge the LTD that you have is not one of the previously mentioned ones that are made in the same facility as the Schecters so saying that it doesn't match up isn't really applicable unless it was solely a response to the poster who put up a pic of two 300 series. I think many of the 300 series have agathis bodies and less than Seymour Duncan pickups which typically come stock with 400 series and up (if they aren't EMG).

Personally, most of the Schecters have too much bling for my taste (as do most of the LTD 1000 series) but the blackjack is great - I almost bought one of the Tele style ones but chose a Korean G&L Tribute ASAT instead.

Dude, I have no idea where it was made. The pickups in it are out of the blackjack. It is noticably thinner sounding then the other schecters. Its not a bad thing really.

This one was quite expensive though $2000au with hard case. fantastic guitar though.

• Members

I love my LTD's, My first guitar that I ever bought was an m-250, that was my baby for years (still have it in a case, get's played a couple of times per year now) Then I went through a huge Les Paul phase until I bought my Viper 400 a number of years ago, if anyone remembers it was around the time that Pepper Keenan was doing ad's for ESP/LTD. My Viper is one of my go to guitars now, it gets just as much play time as my Gibson LP Jr, and my U.S. Tele. Though recently I've gotten so sick of the EMG sound that I've just replaced the Viper's pickups with Lollar Imperial's and now the guitar is back on top as my number one.

Long story short, 400 series and above is a no brainer for good guitars. Never have I found one that was poorly made. If you don't like the sound of the pickups, change them, other than that the guitars are fantastic.

Archived