Would a 12 fit in a princeton recording amp?

doc oc

• Members

I know lots of people do this to princetons and I was wondering if the little rack attenuator, compressor, overdrive thingy would preclude this in a recording amp.

I may be picking one up off CL this afternoon.

I really like the idea of it. An all in one unit I can carry in one hand and guitar case in the other. :thu:

I end up having to mic anyway so might as well save my back right?

• Members

I've got one and do not think a 12" would fit because of the effects unit. It is fine in terms of width, but in terms of height the current speaker barely fits because the effects unit is placed so low.

It is a nice sounding amp though, and it does have an external speaker jack, so you may think about getting a cab for it instead.

• Members

I've got one and do not think a 12" would fit because of the effects unit. It is fine in terms of width, but in terms of height the current speaker barely fits because the effects unit is placed so low.

It is a nice sounding amp though, and it does have an external speaker jack, so you may think about getting a cab for it instead.

Can you tell me a little about it?

• Members

I really like the idea of it. An all in one unit I can carry in one hand and guitar case in the other.
:thu:
I end up having to mic anyway so might as well save my back right?

Go to the gym then, because this bastard is rather heavy. The sounds are great, I don't see any necessity to upgrade the 10'. Adjust the Treble knob and you'll be fine. Normally I keep it under 5.

Mic: Use the XLR out, because Fender got it right, it's very useful, especially for mid-sized pub-gigs (my territory nowadays).

Archived