D-Tuna and Tremol-no

Count Dissident

• Members

Would the D-Tuna/Tremol-no combo on an OFR be as solid and versatile as it sounds like it could be? I would like to be able to drop-D tune an OFR on the fly and the seems like a possible solution. If the Temol-no was set to "dive only" and tuned to drop D,would the guitar return closely to standard tuning in "floating mode" easily?

For live use,it would be nice to be able to set the trem to dive or hardtail mode when floating mode is not needed to add stability in the case of a string break.

Also,I have read that bar flutters are impossible with the Tremol-no...does this include when it is in "floating mode?"

Lastly,would the TransTrem with Dtuna combo be a more solid choice for versatility?

• Members

You can flutter the bar just fine with the tremel-no in full floating (at least on mine, your mileage may vary).

Some people have reported issues with the tremel-no, but it's been pretty solid to me. I put one in my DK2 alongside a Gotoh floyd, and together they're great. Means I can keep it as my metal guitar for both whammy antics and drop tunings! Installation was pretty simple with some Youtube video I followed.

Sorry I can't help more than that.

• Members

I disagree personally. The alternative to me would be to buy 2 separate guitars for metal use. One with high output pickups and a floyd, and one with high output pickups and a fixed bridge. The former would be for shredding and whammy work, but the bridge would prevent alternative tunings. The latter would then take on alt tuning work.

Honestly I'd rather buy a little gizmo and use one guitar for both just as effectively. It's a hell of a lot cheaper.

Archived