Aria ES-175 copies?

DeadNight Warrior

• Members

If this has come up a million times before, don't kill me... I'd use the search function if we had one. :o

How are the old Aria ES-175 style guitars? I've been considering adding a semi-hollow to my collection for something different, and to a lesser extent a full hollowbody. Waiting to see pics and find out more info, but an old Aria has come up. I've got no idea if they're even supposed to be any good though. :idk:

• Members

I have an old Aria Pro II (same company you're speaking of??) SA-71 I believe. It is a great 335 copy, has the variatone selector.

No complaints here. If that is not the company you are looking for then at least it's another suggestion!!

I always figured they were one in the same.

• Members

I have an early 80s Aria 330-ish copy, (completely hollow, no centre block).

It has a good varitone and nice quality pickups/electronics, and is made from very nice looking woods.

If I were going to be picky, I'd say the tuning stability is not the best. It's ok, it's just that the very slim neck has a slightly flexible feel to it. If you use 10s or up, and don't swing it around too much it's fine.

Some of the more recent versions of the same guitar from about ten years ago did look very cheap and nasty in comparison to mine though.

Archived