Epiphone Lp Elitists

BloodRose

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It's a good deal if you plan to keep it. At the end of the day, if you go to sell it, it'll still be an Epi as far as other buyers are concerned.

I almost went that route and found a LP Studio at in the right condition (mint) and the right weight (under 8 pounds) for $850.

• Members
Originally posted by batotman

BOOOOOO HISS!!!!
:mad:

Elitist kills a Gibson Studio!!!!!!

:D

Heh. Not in this world, and I've been playing long enough (20 years) to know the difference. :)

Seriously, though, my Studio's a nice one - resonant, under 8 pounds and plays and sounds like a Les Paul should. The original owner slapped some gold Grovers on it too, so that's one less thing I needed to do. I have no complaints.

• Members

BOOOOOO HISS!!!!
:mad:

Elitist kills a Gibson Studio!!!!!!

+1000! :D

Seriously, it depends on what you're after. When I was looking, I chose the Epi because the neck is bound....important to me. Also, I'd had a Studio recently (for a week) that I just couldn't get going with, and played some others that left me wanting as well....it's all a personal thang. Both are great guits.

I bought mine used in near mint cond. w/OHSC for $700.00. It was a great buy I thought then ('bout a month ago), and I keep finding myself amazed that this guitar is an Epiphone. It ain't no Gibson, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise...but it's a fantastic guitar, and if I found another for the right money I'd buy it and slap some humbucker sized P90's in it....

• Members
Originally posted by Teleken

Heh. Not in this world, and I've been playing long enough (20 years) to know the difference.
:)

Seriously, though, my Studio's a nice one - resonant, under 8 pounds and plays and sounds like a Les Paul should. The original owner slapped some gold Grovers on it too, so that's one less thing I needed to do. I have no complaints.

I've been playing 10 and next to Ric's the Studio is the least quality guitar I've ever played for the money....BLEGHHH!!!

• Members
Originally posted by geddins81

+1000!

Seriously, it depends on what you're after. When I was looking, I chose the Epi because the neck is bound....important to me. Also, I'd had a Studio recently (for a week) that I just couldn't get going with, and played some others that left me wanting as well....it's all a personal thang. Both are great guits.

I bought mine used in near mint cond. w/OHSC for $700.00. It was a great buy I thought then ('bout a month ago), and I keep finding myself amazed that this guitar is an Epiphone. It ain't no Gibson, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise...but it's a fantastic guitar, and if I found another for the right money I'd buy it and slap some humbucker sized P90's in it....

My beef with the LP Studio isn't cosmetics, they just feel incredibly low quality.

• Members

I've been playing 10 and next to Ric's the Studio is the least quality guitar I've ever played for the money....BLEGHHH!!!

Depends on the guitar - Gibson's inconsistent quality control is surpassed only by Fender's. ;)

I'm not knocking the Elitists, don't get me wrong - I'd be driving one had I not found that particular Studio at that particular price.

• Members

Originally posted by yoshiki

there are some good lp studios and some bad ones (more bad ones than good ones nowadays)

but almost all the epi elitists are consistently perfect

The Elitist quality control is leaps and bounds higher than Gibson. A tiny imperfection and it is a 2nd (which drops the value anyways). A blemish is deemed USED. Gibson would call that a 2nd though...lol.

• Members

I checked out a couple of Elitist LPs at my local retailer (NOT GC). They were okay but nothing to write home about. I've been hankering for a Gibson LP Custom for the longest time but the dough just ain't there. I MIGHT have gone for the ELITIST Custom except for the fact that they don't put an EBONY finger board on it, just plain old rosewood. Also, they don't put the slightly lower profile frets on it either - you get the same fret wire on the Custom and Standard. (My ears have always preferred the extra brightness of the Custom's ebony board to a Standard's rosewood - and low profile frets are fun cause you can set the action real low.) How much more would it cost them to put a friggn' ebony board and different frets on one of those guitars? Friggn' Gibson.:rolleyes:

• Members

ok. Yes, comes with hardshell case. She weighs 9lb 1.5 oz. She is a 2nd. The seller states the stock pup malfunctioned so he put in the duncans. The only flaws on the guitar are a couple of chips in the paint on the back of the headstock where they marked as a 2nd.
Seller is offering a satisfaction guarantee. I dont really want a 2nd, but I know it could be the least little thing.

Also, I have read lots of great things about the elites. So I can get a standard for less than a gibby studio. Last several studios Ive played have failed to impress and are tagged at $1200 and even ratty used studios are selling on ebay for $800 plus..

Please share your opinions Thanks

• Members

I think it's worth $500 at most because it's a second.

Originally posted by BloodRose

ok. Yes, comes with hardshell case. She weighs 9lb 1.5 oz. She is a 2nd. The seller states the stock pup malfunctioned so he put in the duncans. The only flaws on the guitar are a couple of chips in the paint on the back of the headstock where they marked as a 2nd.

Seller is offering a satisfaction guarantee. I dont really want a 2nd, but I know it could be the least little thing.

Also, I have read lots of great things about the elites. So I can get a standard for less than a gibby studio. Last several studios Ive played have failed to impress and are tagged at $1200 and even ratty used studios are selling on ebay for $800 plus..

• Members

I own an Elitist standard Plus and I would not give it it up for anything. The sound and playability are amazing......QC top notch. I do want a Gibson and that is my next guitar but I am going to get something in the 3.5-4k range. Having said that, I would take my elitist over an LP studio any day of the week. Who cares if it is an EPI.....Japense quality is very good good and regardless of what people say it should reatin decent value.

• Members

Originally posted by BloodRose

No way I'd go $700 for a 2nd.....Dave's guitars as you may know is getting out of the Gibson business....they had a Honeyburst Std brand new in the case they were selling for $750 the other day....contact them.

• Members

Keep in mind the one he is talking about has Duncan's, which i like and would save me the cash, but could also effect resale.

Offer no more than $630 if you HAVE to have it. I'm only saying this because resale is gonna stink on it. Probably will only be able to sell it for less than $600 tops, but hey the market varies.

However Elitist 2nd's are typically extremely MINOR flaws like a flame not as thick as it should or a tiny nick in the body. The call what a 2nd Epi MIK Standards LP would have wrong, a USED one.

• Members

If its this...

then no don't buy as you got shipping on top of that. If it was a good deal I'd have it.

He seems a little "pricey" to me. You should be able to get that for $650 max. I guess the Duncans are adding to the cost a bit though. I looked at some of his other stuff and he's asking $600 min. for a Supernova. I've always wanted one because I heard great things about them, but I've seen em' go for as little as $400. used. I think he's just a tad steep on his prices.

Archived