Web Cam Mic is taking priority

• Members

This is weird in that it doesn't affect all applications (it affects Windows Recorder, and my old Sound Forge, but it does not affect my Audacity recording software).

Here's the problem, when I set my audio control panel to record the "Stereo Mix" (which is anything being played on the computer, such as an mp3), The computer records from the web cam mic instead of the Stereo Mix. It took me about an hour to track down the problem.. If I disconnect the web cam, the control panel works normally. Like I said, Audacity works fine either way.

Using Windows XP

SigmalTel Audio

Logitech 9000 pro

• Members
This is weird in that it doesn't affect all applications (it affects Windows Recorder, and my old Sound Forge, but it does not affect my Audacity recording software).

Here's the problem, when I set my audio control panel to record the "Stereo Mix" (which is anything being played on the computer, such as an mp3), The computer records from the web cam mic instead of the Stereo Mix. It took me about an hour to track down the problem.. If I disconnect the web cam, the control panel works normally. Like I said, Audacity works fine either way.

Using Windows XP

SigmalTel Audio

Logitech 9000 pro

It

• Members

Thanks for the info. I noticed that Audacity has an input selection box that vanishes when the web cam is plugged in. I have the web cam on an extension cable that makes it easy to unplug, so I guess I can live with it... as if I have a choice.

Archived