crackley audio from DVDs and web video?

• Members

Is there any way to fix sound from videos or watching videos on the web that crackles?? Basically, there is nothing wrong with the sound card, and the sound when I listen to music either a wav file or an mp3, or stream only audio from the web the sound card sounds perfect...

However, when I watch a video or stream video from the web, the audio crackles... I've searched for an answer to this on the web and nobody seems to know how to fix it, or what causes it...

Has anyone here had this problem and have you been able to solve it??? any info appreciated, thanks...

• Members

Hi thanks for your replies, but, unfortunately, that is not it, because it does this when you use regular DVDs played from the DVD player... I have a very fast internet connection, so bandwidth has nothing to do with it... Unfortunately, although this is a common complaint across the web, nobody seems to know what is causing it...

I used to think it was the converter on the video player, but when it does that with streaming video as well, that theory went out the window..

When I stream audio only, like in Rhapsody, the audio sounds just fine... When I play CDs from the CD/DVD player, it sounds fine... So it's something with the way that video audio is being processed that creates this...

Anyway, if anybody else has experienced this and found an answer, let me know...

Archived