quick question

Stratmaster458

• Members

I own an American Fender Stratocaster with a vintage style bridge. at some point the screw that holds the saddle for the high e string fell out so my saddle is now disconnected from the bridge. I discovered this when I was restringing and oiling my fretboard. Is it possible for me to put the high string on the guitar whilest holding the saddle in place and then hoping it stays in place byt the tension of the sting.

I already ordered a replacement screw (cost 10 bucks {censored}) but I have a jam session tomorrow and my other guitar is {censored}ed up and the only way I can play is to put the high e on and secure that saddle only with the tension of the string.

is this a good idea?

• Members

It looks like nothing more then an 8-32 I forget the exact size and thread pitch.Take the saddle to a hardware store I am sure you will find one that will screw into the saddle. It is a screw. Paying 10 bucks for it and you are getting screwed.

• Members
It looks like nothing more then an 8-32 I forget the exact size and thread pitch.Take the saddle to a hardware store I am sure you will find one that will screw into the saddle. It is a screw. Paying 10 bucks for it and you are getting screwed.

it was like a pack of 10 fender screws

I felt I should have spares :(

and it was 5 bucks 4 dollars shipping

Archived